Jaw discomfort can be a serious ailment and downer in your everyday life. Luckily, there are ways to treat it. One of the most common causes of it could be triggered by bruxism, which is a condition that causes you to grind or clench your teeth at night while you sleep. This condition can put a strain on the joints in your jaw and damage your tooth enamel.
Our dentist, Dr. Keven R. Mills, is happy to help you treat your bruxism and help you with your discomfort. To help you understand more on bruxism, our team at Keven R. Mills, DDS in Granite Bay, California, is happy to share some information with you.
Here are some facts about bruxism and how it can cause you jaw discomfort:
– Headaches and earaches: Did you know that this condition can produce signs of headaches and earaches?
– Tooth sensitivity: It can cause an increase in tooth sensitivity?
– Jaw pain: Are you aware of the links between jaw weakness and bruxism?
– Worn enamel: Are you aware that your teeth may appear worn down or flat as a result of this condition?
– Treatments: Did you know that night guards can be used as an effective treatment for teeth grinding?
As you can see, this condition should not be neglected or ignored. If you have severe jaw discomfort, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 916-791-7227 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you and your jaw discomfort find relief.