Complete dental imaging to improve your smile
If you have a dental problem that impacts a larger area of your mouth, or if you are preparing to receive an advanced surgical procedure, Dr. Keven R. Mills may use panoramic X-rays to capture a complete image of your mouth and jaw. Panoramic X-rays capture images of your entire orofacial region to ensure that our dentist and team have a full understanding of your oral health and dental problems so that we can provide the most effective treatment possible.
Panoramic X-rays are a state-of-the-art dental technology that allow us to view your entire upper and lower dental arches, including the jawbones and surrounding facial structures. By viewing all these oral structures, our dentist is able to:
- Determine if you require orthodontic treatment, and follow up on the progress of that treatment should you receive it
- Diagnose impacted teeth, including impacted wisdom teeth
- Track the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the temporomandibular joint and diagnose TMJ disorders
- Diagnose oral cancer and other conditions
- Plan your dental implant placement
- Diagnose tooth decay and other dental problems
- Detect abscesses, cysts and tumors
- Determine the extent of dental and facial trauma prior to providing treatment
Panoramic x-rays are quick and comfortable to use, and are completely non-invasive. The imaging machine will simply rotate around your head as you stand in place, and immediately provide a high-quality picture for our dentist to use in making your diagnosis and planning your treatment.
To schedule your consultation and learn more about panoramic X-rays in Granite Bay, California, call the office of Keven R. Mills, DDS today at 916-791-7227.