Cap your tooth with a crown and regain your smile
Dental crowns are recommended when a tooth has sustained significant damage or decay, but does not require an extraction. Crowns fit over the entire visible portion of the tooth in order to restore its shape, size and function so that you can once again smile with confidence.
Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Support a large filling when there is not enough natural tooth structure to do so
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened by decay or other damage
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Complete a dental implant treatment
- Improve the appearance of your smile
- Correct a misshapen or irregularly shaped tooth
In the past, dental crowns have required two appointments to create and place. With our advanced CEREC technology, Dr. Keven R. Mills can design and place your dental crown in a single visit! When you receive a crown, our dentist will first clean the tooth and remove all signs of damage and decay. He will then use our CEREC technology to take an impression of the tooth and create a 3D model. This model will be used to design your custom dental crown. We will then mill the crown from a block of tooth-colored material. In a matter of minutes, your final crown will be complete, and we will bond it in place over your tooth to restore your oral health and smile.
We invite you to call the office of Keven R. Mills, DDS at 916-915-5108 to set up your consultation with our experienced dentist and learn more about dental crowns in Granite Bay, California. We look forward to helping you regain your smile!