Removing a tooth to protect your smile
Our experienced dentist may recommend that your tooth be removed if it is too badly damaged to be restored and is threatening the health of your other teeth. While we make it our mission to preserve your teeth as much as possible, extractions may sometimes be necessary in order to protect your smile.
Situations which may cause our dentist to recommend a tooth extraction include:
- When severe infection destroys large portions of the tooth and supporting bone structure
- When severe decay has damaged a tooth beyond the point where it can be successfully repaired and restored
- When crowding makes it impossible for all your teeth to fit correctly
- When severe cracking and fractures make it impossible for the teeth to be restored
- In preparation for further orthodontic or restorative treatment
Dr. Keven R. Mills will use great care when removing your tooth to make your extraction procedure as comfortable as possible. He may also provide a local anesthetic or nitrous oxide if you feel that you need it.
After we have extracted your tooth, we will provide you with detailed post-op instructions to help you heal properly and without complications. We will also work with you to find an appropriate replacement for your tooth. Replacement options include dental bridges, dental implants and dentures. We will review all your treatment options with you and discuss the current condition of your mouth so that you can determine the best option for your oral health and smile.
If you have any questions about tooth extraction in Granite Bay, California, or to schedule an appointment with our dentist, call the office of Keven R. Mills, DDS at 916-791-7227.