Did you know that caring for your teeth is essential to having a healthy pregnancy? Your teeth, if poorly treated, are prone to dental problems that may affect the health of your baby. Our team is prepared give you some tips for creating healthy dental habits you can make for you and you’re your baby.
1. If you are experiencing morning sickness, try rinsing your mouth with a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with a glass of water to stop stomach acid from eroding your teeth.
2. Brush your teeth twice a day with an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste and floss daily between your teeth. Both of these practices will ensure healthy gums and teeth to prevent against decay or infection.
3. Eat a balanced, nutrient-rich diet to help maintain the strength of your teeth.
4. Visit your dentist on a regular basis for professional cleanings and check-ups. You should visit your dentist during your second trimester and throughout your pregnancy depending on the condition of your mouth.
5. If you are prone to snacking, make sure to brush your teeth afterwards.
All of these tips can help maintain your oral health during your pregnancy, which in turn helps in the health of your baby. Please contact our office to schedule a cleaning appointment by calling 916-915-5108 today!