Getting a tooth extracted can seem like a relatively painless process. Thankfully, we promise you nowadays, the solutions are much simpler, and much less likely to end with you in a painful recovery process. However, despite the simple task of removing the tooth, the more demanding task now consists of the healing process afterward. Our advice:
– Rest heavily, and try to avoid exercise
– Stop smoking, or give it up at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– If swelling occurs, apply ice packs.
– Follow your dentist’s advice and instructions.
– If necessary, take any pain medications or antibiotics prescribed by your dentist, exactly as instructed.
– To avoid choking, wait until the anesthetic wears off before eating.
– Follow the strict diet as given by your dentist.
Follow these steps, and you will be on the road to recovery.
Consult your dentist if you experience:
– Heavy pain that lasts three to four days post-surgery
– An increase in swelling
– An ongoing fever that won’t go away
– Ongoing bleeding that won’t stop
To schedule an appointment, and discuss your future options, please call Keven R. Mills, DDS at 916-915-5108 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in Granite Bay, California, and we will help you in any way we can. We look forward to hearing from you soon!