Jaw pain is a common, yet potentially serious ailment that arises when there is an issue within or close to your jaw. For a better understanding of the basics of jaw pain, listed below are some important facts you should know:
– Potential treatments for facial and jaw pain include medications, antibiotics, pain relievers, and mouth guards. More serious services including extractions and root canals may also be an option.
– Potential causes of facial and jaw pain include toothaches, infections, oral accidents and injuries, and a variety of oral health ailments. This includes disorders such as gum disease, TMJ disorders, and bruxism.
– Common symptoms of jaw and facial pain include jaw tenderness, headaches, and irregular pain felt in or around the ear.
– If you notice any of the symptoms of jaw or facial pain, visit your dentist for a detailed exam of your oral health, which may also include X-Rays to help discover the source of your ailment.
– Jaw pain can lead to issues with biting into foods and can hinder your abilities to chew, speak, and bite properly.
No matter which jaw pain service you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can provide. If you would like Dr. Keven R. Mills and our team at Keven R. Mills, DDS to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for you, please contact our dentist office in Granite Bay, California, by calling us at 916-791-7227. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!